Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Beginning

So my wife wants me to start a blog. I am sure I am not the only husband who has felt that pressure before! Obviously I have given in however. Since this will be my first foray into the world of blogging, please don't judge the book by its cover. And when I say book, I mean BOOK (because the next few posts will probably be very long!)

First off, my name is Andrew. I am 26 years old and I live in Nashville, TN. I am married to a beautiful woman named Christy, who is the love of my life. You can visit her blogs here Just Thinkin'and here http://she-clicks.blogspot.com/. She is clearly much better at this than I am, and probably always will be. I also have 2 gorgeous little girls. Leah Grace, who is almost 3, and Audrey Anne, who is 7 months old. Needless to say, they keep me pretty busy! I am a stay at home dad during the weekdays, and I work at OfficeMax on nights weekends. You won't hear much about OfficeMax on here, but you will hear about the Dad stuff a lot!

Before I get started with this I would like to explain my online alias of BillyTheEuph. It goes back to the days of AIM in high school. My friends in the rock cover band that I was in started calling me Billy for no reason one day. Turns out they had a reason, but that is a story for another day. I also played euphonium in concert band, and was somewhat of a euphonium nerd. So there you go. Billy The Euph. For whatever reason, it has stuck through all these years. I have tried to change it several times, but I always end up right back at it.

There are several things in my life that I am very passionate about. The focus of this blog is usually going to be on four of those things: Jesus, my family, music, and sports. What I plan on doing the next few days is choosing one of these topics and just writing about how each of them has influenced my life up until this point. The good and the bad, the funny and the sad. (Not too much bad or sad though :-) The music and sports posts will probably be the longest, so I will be saving those for last. I guess that's all for now. I will be back tomorrow with my first real post, "Part I of the introduction to AK: Jesus Loves Me" :-) AK is another nickname that I will have to explain, but not today!


5 comments:

  1. Actually what I meant to say is...AK is your initials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I helped! With the title at any rate....so I'm gonna follow and stalk and comment incessantly now like I do with Christy and the other blog people I follow! And don't worry about posting sad or bad-it's therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.-now that I follow you, I request you follow me! My numbers make me depressed :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am now following you! Sorry I changed the name. I have a feeling that it will change again soon though.

    ReplyDelete